Sunday, August 16, 2015

Why Keep It Holy?

How are you spending it?
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

As I overheard some young women talking about Sabbath day observance and why they don't understand why Sunday is so "sacred" to LDS members, I felt sorrow come over my heart. I didn't know how to explain to these girls, in this situation, why it is so important to LDS members.  I could tell them why it's important to me, as I have done on this blog, but they wanted more.

Today I am going to share just that. I found an article called "A Day to Focus on What Matters Most" I want to ask you to read this article and watch the videos included. Click here to read and watch.

I just want to end with a quote I heard in sacrament. "Some things are good, some things are important, but only few things are essential." What is essential for you to return to live with our Heavenly Father and what are you doing to get there?
I know The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints is true. I just want you to know that I know our actions every single day will effect our eternal destination. I know that keeping the commandments blesses our lives. It's not easy, but the blessings you receive from obeying the commandments are blessings you cannot receive anywhere else. I know these things are true.

In the name of Jesus Christ,
Amen

Love,
Samantha

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Thanks for a great reminder about Sundays! Some of the things you mentioned are my favorite part of Sunday!