Sunday, September 8, 2013

What Matters Most:

This past week has been a real life changer for me. I have learned so much in a short amount of time. The thing I want to share with you today is a goal I made to become better. My goal is to find the things that matter most and strengthen, nourish, and give thanks everyday for them. I want you to know that I do know what matters most. At times I know that I take these most important things for granted and I forget how important they are in my life, but then something happens and I realize all over again how blessed I am. I do know that the gospel is the single most important thing I have ever been given. Without the gospel, I am and would be completely and utterly lost. I am so thankful that Jesus and Heavenly Father are always there, and I can pray to them anytime, anywhere. I am so thankful for my family as I know that we will be together forever and all eternity. My family this week has blessed my life so much. I love my mom and dad with all my heart. They have always been there for me and I know that I can always count on them. My mom is my best friend and I know she will always talk to me no matter what time it is and she will always know what to do to make it better. My dad is always there too, and I am so thankful that he can see the "non-emotional" side of hard things and help me to see them in a different light. My family and the gospel the most important things I have, and if I had nothing left but those 2 things, I know everything would be okay, and I would be happy. I am so blessed to have them both in my life, and to have the support and love of both hand in hand. This little video* from our Prophet Thomas S. Monson touched my heart today and I hope it helps you understand what this whole message is about. I challenge you all to think of the most important things in your life, and really think about what they are, and to give thanks and do something to show that thanks. I love you all.
In the name of Jesus Christ,
Amen

Love,
Samantha

*Here is the link to the video. http://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages#mormon-messages-what-matters-most  Feel free to scroll through all of the other messages from our leaders of the church and watch as many as you want!

No comments: