Sunday, June 29, 2014

Virtue-What Does It Mean? (Part 2)


Last week I talked a lot about virtue and gave lots of definitions and gospel examples of what virtue means. This week I will be short, I just wanted to share with you all one last thing about virtue. I wanted to share with all of you a video that the former Young Women's President of the Church (Elaine S. Dalton) speaks in. It is a video that comes from her "Return to Virtue" talk.* I think this message just brings it all home, and sums everything up. In this talk/video, she calls us all back to virtue. She talks about what this means and why we need to return to living virtuous lives. Click here to watch the video. 

I just wanted to say that I testify that living a virtuous life, being worthy to enter the temple, and only participating in those things that the spirit can participate in too is the life that you want to be living. I know that you are much happier when you live a worthy life, a life where you can have the spirit with you abundantly. I know that you will be able to do more things for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as well. I know that we are blessed for our efforts, and that once we have "returned" to virtue, we need to help others do the same. I know that The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints is the only true church on this earth and that by following the Savior and His example, we will be able to do amazing things. I know that being virtuous may seem hard and it may require some hard changes in your life, but I do know that it is worth it all to be worthy to be in our Father's presence. Don't put this off. The time for our Savior to come again is drawing near very quickly. I know this is true, and I leave this testimony with you, 

In the name of Jesus Christ, 
Amen 

Love, 
Samantha 

*Click here to watch and listen to the whole talk by Sister Elaine S. Dalton! It is amazing and worth every minute of your time! I love it! 

No comments: