Sunday, December 14, 2014

The Spirit of Christ(mas)


This week I wanted to quickly share a short experience and video.

Normally I work on Saturday mornings and I come home exhausted; but this week I had Saturday off for various reasons. Since I didn't have work, I got to do other things. This week I decided that I would go Christmas shopping for my friends. My older sister said she would go with me so we could have some sister time. I was excited for this. We thought we would be able to accomplish our goals quite easily and that it wouldn't take us but an hour and a half, at max. Almost 3 hours later, we were sitting in Walmart, frustrated and far from our goal. As we sat and discussed our goal and our game plan of how to get to the "finish line," we just got more frustrated. Eventually we figured things out, after shopping and being frustrated for almost 4 hours.

Now I wish to share a video with you. The video is entitled: The Christmas Spirit.

I came across this video today while I was trying to decide what I needed to share today. I felt I needed to share my experience, and this video to let you know that I am not perfect either. I feel like sometimes as I write these posts to share with you that it may seem that I think I'm perfect. I am not, and I want you to know that I know that. I am trying just like you, to draw closer to Christ everyday. I think that I was meant to find this video today, for myself, and maybe for someone else too. I know I needed to see this video to remind me of what I had forgotten yesterday at Walmart, amid all the shoppers and busy hustles of Christmas time: I had forgotten what Christmas is really all about. I had forgotten that it's not about all the gifts, and toys. I had forgotten Christ.

As we think about Christmas and the things we are doing to celebrate this season, are we like the young girl in the video? Who amid all the stresses of Christmas, knew what Christmas is really all about and quietly thought about, and celebrated Christ? Or are we as the other members of her family?  (Siblings fighting, and talking abut what they want for Christmas or Parents discussing financial problems and worries about giving their kids the Christmas they want, but not having the money to do that, etc.) To the siblings out there who are dreaming of their presents under the tree, did you know that the greatest gift of all isn't under your tree? To the parents out there struggling with money, or other family problems: did you know that the greatest part of Christmas isn't wrapped in a bow, or bought with money? The greatest gift isn't something that needs to stress or worry you.
The greatest gift of Christmas is CHRIST.  

In closing I just want to say that I love Christmas, because of Christ. I love Christmas because it means I get to celebrate His birth and life. I love Christmas because of what He means to me. If you don't know what He means to you: I challenge you to find out during this season of Christmas. I invite you learn of Him. To praise Him, and to let His love change you as He has changed me. I invite you to come with me and see. I invite you to CHRISTmas. I know He loves you. Merry Christmas. 

In the name of Jesus Christ,
Amen 

Love, 
Samantha 

No comments: