Sunday, January 25, 2015

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go

"Am I willing to go where The Lord wants me to go?"
I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord,
Over mountain or plain or sea;
I'll say what you want me to say, dear Lord;
I'll be what you want me to be.

These words, from a hymn entitled "I'll go where you want me to go" have been ringing through my thoughts this past week, all the while making me think about my journey here on earth; where I have been, where I am currently, and where I will be going in the future: Especially in the next year, with my newly announced decision to serve a full time mission for the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints. 

This week in Seminary* my teacher shared a story that touched my heart and inspired me to work my hardest to be the best missionary I can be; this is a story that will stay with me forever. This story (a true story from church history) is of a man named John Tanner. John Tanner had faced some extremely hard things in his life, but was healed (through his faith) by a faithful missionary, named Jared Carter, by the power of God. John Tanner went onto do great things and help the struggling saints, in the beginning period of the restoration, with unwavering faith. I want to share his remarkable and touching story with you today. (Watch this video) Treasure in Heaven: The John Tanner Story  

Because of faithful missionaries who trust the Lord and His power, missionaries like Jared Carter I am inspired to do better, to be the best I can be, to trust The Lord more fully, and to go where He wants me to go. I know it will not be easy: but I know that the work I will do will be the work The Lord needs me to do: the work that will greatly effect generations to come, the work of The Lord. 

In closing I want to share this video: I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go and as you watch this video ask yourself: "Am I willing to go where The Lord wants me to go?" 

I testify that if we trust Him, and we are willing to do His will, and go where He wants (and needs) us to go: We WILL be blessed with blessings greater than any we can imagine. I know it's not easy, but I KNOW He will never leave us alone, He will always provide a way and with faith: we can do all things through Him. I know it, and I love it. 

In the name of Jesus Christ, 
Amen 
Love, 
Samantha 


*Seminary is a worldwide, four-year religious educational program for youth ages 14 through 18. It is operated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints but is open to teenagers of all faiths.

No comments: