Sunday, January 11, 2015

Tender Mercies From The Lord

His Tender Mercies are already there, we just need to recognize them and give thanks.
This past week I have had a lot of simple and special (to me) experiences regarding the gospel and strengthening my testimony of The Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. From answers to prayers, to help in stressful situations at work, to happiness when I didn't think I could be happy, to simple "Samantha I just wanted to say I'm here for you" messages from friends and family: The Lord has truly blessed me with many Tender Mercies.

What is a tender mercy? The LDS church defines a tender mercy as follows: “The Lord's tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ” -David A. Bednar, April 2005 general conference. In Seminary we define tender mercies as: "Something that made your day better. Something that you know God helped you with. Something that made you feel the Spirit. Something that strengthened your testimony of The Savior and His love for you."

Now that we know what a Tender Mercy is, can you have Tender Mercies too? Of course you can!! Did you know that you are already receiving them? You just have to open your spiritual eyes and see them. Tender Mercies are for all of God's children, and since we are all of God's children: Every single one of us can experience these beautiful tender mercies. All you have to do, is look for them and give thanks for the small simple things. At first it may be hard to see them, but I know that as you continue to look for and give thanks for these blessings, you will be able to see them more clearly and your life will be blessed for recognizing and being grateful for The Lord's hand in your life.

I want to share with you a video from David A. Bednar, from the quorum of the twelve apostles, called: Tender Mercies of The Lord. 

In closing I just wanted to express my thanks for the tender mercies I receive daily from my loving Savior. Through and from these blessing I know that He is truly there, He is truly aware of my situation, He knows exactly how I feel. He knows me personally. Because of Him I am never alone. He will always be there. I know that He loves me and I know that I love Him. Without Him I would be nothing. I am so thankful that I know this and I pray that you too can come to know this by recognizing His hand in your life by thanking Him for the beautiful tender mercies He sends your way. I know that He loves and knows you too. I know that by recognizing these simple sweet blessings, your life will be truly blessed and your relationship with your Father in Heaven and His Son Jesus Christ will grow and grow into a strong beautiful testimony. Never give up.

I say these things humbly,
In the Name of Jesus Christ,
Amen

Love,
Samantha

No comments: