Sunday, February 8, 2015

Valentines Day is Coming...

Love one another.
As the title of this post reminds us: Valentines Day is approaching quickly!! In preparation for this day: I wanted to share a short message with you about what matters most. It's not the candy, the stuffed animals, the cards, the chocolate, the flowers etc. (I'm not saying these things are bad- they aren't. They can just very easily distract from what is most important.) I dare say: It's about the memories and those who you make those memories with. (And not just for Valentines day, but every day of the year.) I want to share this short video with you. It is called: "What Matters Most"

I just want to bear my testimony that I know that it's not always easy to show your love and appreciation for others: but may I say- Don't over think it. Write a short note, give a hug, be available, etc. Smalls things make all the difference. Ask yourself: "In 20 years when I look back at who I was today, will I smile or regret that I wasn't there when it was most important for me to be?" I want you to know that being there can make all the difference. I understand we are busy people, but I guarantee that you want to be there, or you will regret it later. Ask your Father In Heaven for help to know how to be there and show your love and appreciation in small simple ways* that could change someone's day. Ask for help to be that person someone needs today. Then: you must listen to the spirit and follow the whispers of His still, small voice. That's the tricky part. Asking is easy, but we must learn to listen after we ask. It's a process, but it's a major blessing once we can learn how to be better at listening to the voice of The Lord.

I know these things are true and they will bless your life.
In the name of Jesus Christ,
Amen

Love,
Samantha
*Alma 37:6 "Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise." (Found in the Book Of Mormon)

No comments: