Sunday, March 22, 2015

A Short, Strong Message

He can and will heal you.
Dear readers,
Michael Jordan once said: "I've missed over 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." Success doesn't come from being perfect. It comes from working hard. It comes from recognizing our mistakes, making them right if possible, and learning from them.

Today I want to share with you a message of the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. "The Atonement is the sacrifice Jesus Christ made to help us overcome sin, adversity, and death. Jesus’s atoning sacrifice took place in the Garden of Gethsemane and on the cross at Calvary. He paid the price for our sins, took upon Himself death, and was resurrected. The Atonement is the supreme expression of the love of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ."

As I was sitting in a meeting with my ward today, a poem was shared that touched my heart. As I went home to find the poem, I found a talk entitled: "The Touch of the Master's Hand" given by Elder Boyd K. Packer. I do not know how to express this sweet message in a better way other than to ask you to take the time to go and watch/listen to this fifteen minute talk. Although it is long- it is most definitely worth your time. Especially for those who are trying to figure out how to manage and endure a hard time in your life. Please, listen to this talk. I know it touched my heart and helped me greatly.

Please pay special attention to the poem read at the end. Click here to watch.

I say to all those who are struggling, who are lost, and who may feel worthless: Do not give up. You can do all things which The Lord has placed in your path. You are never too lost or out of reach for the Atonement of the Savior to reach even your deepest and darkest sins. You can be found, you can be healed, you can be cleansed- no matter how far "lost" you may be. The power of the Atonement is infinite. You are not worthless. For the worth of souls is very great in the sight of God and He loves you. You just keep enduring, keep trying, and remember: "the touch of the Master's hand" can and will heal you if you allow Him too.

I leave this with you in the name of Jesus Christ,
Amen

Love,
Samantha


No comments: