Sunday, August 18, 2013

Shine On

Shine on by David Osmond* is one of my favorite songs. I love the words of this song and the truth that they proclaim about how we can shine our light on. We don't need to give up. We need to "Shine on for the whole world to see... hold on.. believe... We can be a light in the darkness." I believe this. I know that in this crazy, messy, darkening world, we can shine on with the light of Christ. All we have to do is be an example, be strong and come unto Christ. I know it may seem hard, and scary, but: I know that it is worth it. I know that God will help us shine the best we can and he will be so happy with us that we are choosing to be an example to those around us. Pretty soon, the world will be dotted with lights, people who are trying to bring the world the truth of this gospel, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and soon afterward, the world will be shining with lights everywhere. I know Jesus loves us, I know that God has a plan for us, and we need to choose to follow him and his Son and come unto them in all we do. I know that he will help us. I know that we can pray for help to shine on our light and we will be helped. God loves it when we share the light. This light, is the reflection of the light of Christ and his spirit and love. Each of us has it no matter what we choose to do, but we need to choose to let it shine, and not hide it underneath. I love this light, and it's happiness, and I see it in others who love it too. I know we can all share this light and strengthen each other's light as well. I know that we can do hard things. Don't give up, and SHINE ON!

Love, Samantha


*To listen to Shine On, click on the link below!
Shine On David Osmond

No comments: