Sunday, October 27, 2013

Learning From the Children


Today was my Ward's primary program. This is one of my favorite meetings that we have in our church. The children have such strong, sweet, and simple testimonies and I love them all. The song that stuck out to me the most was: Gethsemane. This song tells about our Savior's sacrifice for us in the Garden of Gethsemane. When the children sing it you can't help but notice how strong the spirit is. It's like a wave has overcome the audience. I get the chills every time they sing this song. Today that is what my message is. From the Primary Children to you: Gethsemane. * I want you all to know that I know that our Savior Jesus Christ did in fact come to earth and that he did live. He knows each and every one of you and what trials you are facing and your sorrows and hardships. He loves you more than you can imagine and he took upon himself your every sin so that you could return to live with him and our Father in Heaven someday. Without our Savior we wouldn't be able to do this. I plead with you to partake of the atonement. It is for every one, no matter how big or small the sin may be. Jesus and Heavenly Father still love you. Even though we are imperfect, he loves us perfectly, even if we don't think we deserve his love, he loves us. Nothing you can or ever will do will make him stop loving you. Their love is always there, simply and profoundly ALWAYS there. I know this is true. I know the gospel is true. I know that they live, love us, and know us individually and all we have to do is pray. I love you all.
In the Name of Jesus Christ,
Amen

Love,
Samantha

*Here is a link to the song Gethsemane. I encourage you to read the words as you listen to the song. This song will change your life if you allow it too. (This version is not sang by the primary children, but it's the same song.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0REI3ZzhNgs

No comments: