Sunday, November 10, 2013

Forget Me Not

~Forget me Not flowers~
Today I was reminded of this truth that had been shadowed over by other things in my life. I am so thankful that I was reminded of this. This thing I keep referring to is the talk by Elder Uchtdorf entitled: "Forget Me Not".* This talk was given to the Relief Society in October 2011. This talk at the time didn't mean a lot to me but looking back on it now, it means so much. I was reminded that Heavenly Father doesn't forget us. Which I already knew, but I was struck with the thought that we need to take the time to not forget him. We need to remember what is most important and put our Father in Heaven and our Savior Jesus Christ and this true gospel first before all other things.This talk talks about 5 things we should not forget. The 5 things that were discussed are: 1.Forget not to be patient with yourself. (Remember no one is perfect and it takes time to do things sometimes.) 2. Forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice. (Remember that there is good, better and best to every decision) 3. Forget not to be happy now. (Don't get caught up in the future or past and remember to live for today too.) 4. Forget not the "why of the gospel. (Remember what is really important.) And finally (my favorite) 5. Forget not that the Lord loves you. (No matter what you have done, where you have been, who you are, etc. He loves you!)
I know that if we remember to remember these 5 important things in life, we will be happier, we will be able to better see the Lord's hand in our lives, and we will be more thankful and more blessed. I encourage you to go through your week and look for someone in need and to help them. Notice I said help, not fix. It is not our job to fix others and their problems but it is our job to help them, love them, and nurture them. Pray for them, listen to the Spirit and help them the way the Savior would. I know that if we look for the good in others and we try our hardest to go out of our way to help others and we pray for them and for oppurtunites to help them: we will blessed and we will be able to do those things that the Savior would have us do. We will be able to be angels in others lives and we will be able to do things that we never thought imaginable. I know it sounds crazy: but I know it's true. I am trying my hardest to do this right now and make this change in my life so that it can become a habbit for me. I am asking you to do this too. I know we will be blessed through our efforts. I love the gospel and I love my Father in Heaven and my Elder Brother Jesus Christ. I love the gospel, and the Book of Mormon and I know they are true. Please join with me in "Forgetting Not." I love you all!

Love,
Samantha

*Elder Uchtdorf gave this beautiful talk to the women of the church, but it applies to the men as well. I hope you can take some time and read or listen to the rest of this talk. It is absolutely amazing. Here is the link: https://www.lds.org/broadcasts/article/general-relief-society-meeting/2011/09/forget-me-not
** Also I suggest wearing something (like a bracelet) to help remind you to "Forget not." I know there are bracelets and rings and necklaces of "forget me not" flowers, and if you interested in one email me and I can get you one!

No comments: