Sunday, December 29, 2013

Come

He is waiting with open arms. Come. 
This week I wanted to share something that I have been thinking about lately. Recently I have been pondering how I can become more like our Savior. "How can I do this?" I asked myself repeatedly throughout the week. Today as I was thinking about this during my church meetings, I thought about the word "come". Coming means you have to do something, coming is an action word. As I thought about this I came to the conclusion that as we come unto something, we are choosing, weather we know it or not, to leave something else behind. When you come to something, you must leave behind something else. Think about it for a moment, it's true in every situation. For us to come unto Christ, we must leave the WORLD behind. We need to choose his WORD over the WORLD. And to do so, we must leave the WORLD behind. As I pondered this, my thoughts were turned to a video clip that was shared with me.* This video clip talks about your choice to leave. Leaving is almost always your choice. You can leave bad things to come unto great things, but you can also leave great things to come unto bad things. As you watch this video think about what you are willing to leave so that you can come unto something else. Is it better than what you are leaving? I beg you to leave the negative behind you, to get up, dust off your knees from the fall you may have encountered, and come unto Christ. I promise you will never be disappointed with him, you will never be sad, lost or alone. He loves you and is awaiting your decision to run unto him. I want to come unto Christ, will you join me? 
In the name of Jesus Christ, 
Amen

Love, 
Samantha 

Here is the link to the video. I think this video helps us to think of leaving not so great things to come unto the best things, like our Savior, and how these choices can lead us to where we need to be so that we can be like our Savior.  https://www.lds.org/youth/video/leave-the-party?lang=eng 

No comments: