Sunday, March 30, 2014

Come unto Christ

There is no greater joy than coming unto him. He waits for you. 
I know I say this a lot. Just come unto Christ! I didn't ever really think that some of you reading this might not know what coming unto Christ means. I found some videos for you to watch that will help explain what this means. This year's theme for the LDS youth is to "Come Unto Christ" from Moroni 10:32.* I think that this first video tells us what that means and also how we can Come unto Him as well. First Video I like this video because it's youth that are my age telling us what we can do. This is the type of youth I am striving to become. I want to be able to come unto Christ too and share the gospel. That is why I have this blog is so that I can help bring others closer to Christ by sharing my testimony and by doing so I am learning a lot and coming closer to Him as well. I also found a the music video for the youth theme song that I shared last week. Even if you listened to the song last week I think that the music video bring a whole new meaning to this song, and I encourage you to listen again. Music Video

I also wanted to let you all know that General Conference is coming up this next Saturday and Sunday. If you are unfamiliar with what this is, 6 months ago (Before our last conference) I wrote a whole post about it and you should check it out!) I wanted to remind you guys that General Conference can and will be an amazing blessing in your life if you let it. You should prepare now to hear the words of the living Prophet and other leaders in The Latter Day Saint Church. You can learn so much from them. I know that 8 (10 for guys) hours is a lot of listening, but I am encouraging you to listen to as much as you can. I know it will bring great blessings to you and those around you. Pray for others, especially the speakers, and even yourself to be able to listen with the spirit and learn what you need to learn. Don't let this amazing opportunity go to waste. You can watch Conference online at the Church Website. Sessions start on Saturday, April 5, 2014 at 10 am.

I know that this is the true church and you can receive great blessings from Coming Unto Christ. I know that the Lord loves us no matter what, and that even when we have gone astray, no matter how far we might have gone, we can always come back. It is never too late to come unto him. I love this church with all my heart. I know it's true.

In the Name of Jesus Christ,
Amen

Love,
Samantha

*Moroni is a book found in the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is the book that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints use to teach from. It is the most correct and true of any book ever written. We use this book along with the King James version of the Bible. This verse reads:
32 Yea, acome unto Christ, and be bperfected in him, and cdenyyourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and dlove God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may beeperfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.

No comments: