Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter: Because of Him

Because of Him.. 
Sometimes when I wonder about things or want to know more about a certain subject I look up words in the Bible Dictionary. Today during Church I decided to look up "Atonement" and Resurrection". Today I wanted to learn more about these things because of the Spirit of Easter today! I really love Easter. I love being able to focus on the Savior and his life and everything that he did and took upon himself in Gethsemane so that I could return to live with Him and our Father In Heaven. I want to share with you what I learned today about the Atonement and Resurrection. The Bible Dictionary says the following about the Atonement:
"The word describes the setting “at one” of those who have been estranged and denotes the reconciliation of man to God. Sin is the cause of the estrangement, and therefore the purpose of atonement is to correct or overcome the consequences of sin. ...Jesus Christ, as the Only Begotten Son of God and the only sinless person to live on this earth, was the only one capable of making an atonement for mankind.....He made a perfect atonement for all mankind. All are covered unconditionally as pertaining to the Fall of Adam....The Atonement is conditional, however, so far as each person’s individual sins are concerned, and touches every one to the degree that he has faith in Jesus Christ, repents of his sins, and obeys the gospel....The Atonement of Jesus Christ redeems all mankind from the Fall of Adam and causes all to be answerable for their own manner of life. This means of atonement is provided by the Father (John 3:16–17) and is offered in the life and person of His Son, Jesus Christ (2 Cor. 5:19)."
I think that these are some of the key things for me to share with you. Maybe other things will stand out to you, but I feel like this is what I needed to share with you today. Now I want to share what I learned about Resurrection. 
“To obtain a resurrection with a celestial, exalted body is the center point of hope in the gospel of Jesus Christ. The Resurrection of Jesus is the most glorious of all messages to mankind.
I think that this is the most significant thing I found in the Bible Dictionary about Resurrection. 

Now to wrap up what these mean to me, and to wish you all a very happy Easter, I wanted to share one last thing with you. I want to share with you a video the church put out for all of us to think about each day this past week to prepare for Easter. It's entitled: Because of Him * I want to share it now because I know it helped me remember that "Because of him" I can do hard things, I don't have to be alone, I can be forgiven. I want you to think what can you do Because of Him? What is so significant to you Because of Him? I know that Because of Him everything is possible. I know that he loves me. I know I am never alone. I know that Easter has a much bigger and much more significant meaning than "a bunny with candy." I KNOW HE LIVES, more than I know the sun will come up tomorrow. I know this is the true church, and I leave this message with you.
In the name of Jesus Christ,
Amen

Love, 
Samantha 
*This site is wonderful! It has so much to help us remember Easter and what it's really about. I encourage you this wonderful Easter Sunday to look over it and read and be reminded of the wonderful message of Easter. 

1 comment:

Steffani said...

That's beautiful, Samantha. I love your amazing testimony and your willingness to share it.