Sunday, April 27, 2014

He says: "I Am"

He is: everything.
When Moses asked the Lord what to tell the people concerning who he (the Lord) was; the Lord answered: "I am that I am." * Now this was a confusing answer. (Especially because Moses was looking for a name.) What does the Lord mean by this? I believe the Lord was trying to tell Moses that He is The Lord, and that is all he (Moses) needed to know. 

But to me this verse has a different meaning. To me this verse means that The Lord will be what ever I need Him to be. For instance: when I need a best friend, he answers: "I am." This brings tears of joy to my eyes, knowing that My Savior and Redeemer will answer "I am" to whatever I need him to be. My Seminary teacher shared a song with me about this. It is called: "I Am" by Nichole Nordeman. This song goes through the stages of life and the different names we may use to call upon our Savior, and how he answers "I am". Click Here to hear this beautiful song.

I want to share my testimony that I know that the Savior is always, without a doubt there for us. He will answer the call when we call Him. Whether it be: "elbow healer, superhero, heart-ache healer, secret keeper, best friend, comforter". I know he loves us infinitely and completely. He loves it when we call to Him for help; because He knows that we cannot do it alone. He loves it when we talk to Him and He longs for us to talk to Him more often and for us to let Him be a constant in our lives. Please let Him in. He loves you so much and He will answer: "I am" to you, no matter who you are or what you have done. Don't give up. He loves you. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the one and only true church. I know it is the restored gospel on the earth and I know that He will come again. I know it and love it will all my heart. 
In the name of Jesus Christ, 
Amen 

Love,
Samantha 

*These verses are found in the Bible (We use King James version) in Exodus Chapter 3 verses 13&14. They read: 

13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? awhat shall I say unto them?
 14 And God said unto Moses, AI AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

1 comment:

Family said...

I think its really cool that you are so in touch with the spirit. I also think that it is amazing that you know the bible. I'm still getting acquainted with the book of Mormon. Thanks for sharing your blog with me. I really look up to you!
Grace Emery