Sunday, October 5, 2014

General Conference!

"Listen to the Prophet's Voice"
This weekend was the Semi-Annual General Conference meeting for the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints. What an amazing and uplifting opportunity for all to listen to the Prophet's voice and learn from our church leaders. I am so thankful for this experience every six months. This time was especially a blessing for me because I had so many personal questions answered. General Conference is a time for us to gather and receive revelation through the talks given and to seek answers to our prayers. This is exactly what Conference was for me. I cannot express my gratitude enough. The message I want to share today is simply the Conference talks! I will include the link that takes you directly to all the talks from not only the Saturday and Sunday general sessions, but also to the Women's meeting and the Priesthood meeting sessions! If you did not have the opportunity to watch all of the talks I highly recommend watching, listening to, or reading all of them. They are truly a blessing and I know you will find answers to questions and prayers in these talks.

To those who are not members of the LDS faith, there is one talk in particular that I would like to share with you. This talk was given in the Sunday Afternoon Session by Elder David A. Bednar. His talk is for you. He spoke about why we, as LDS saints, try so hard to share the gospel and why we are so eager to share with you our testimonies. His talk explains the reasons as to why I have this blog and why I share a message with you each week. I loved his talk and I hope and pray that it will help you understand us, the LDS faith, a little better.

I know that God talks to His children today. If He didn't speak to us in these days we wouldn't be able to have our General Conference every six months and we wouldn't be able to further His work in these the Latter Days. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints is the only true church on the earth today. I am so thankful and blessed to be a member of this Church and I hope that you too will allow the gospel to change your life and if you are not already a member of this church that you allow the missionaries to come into your home and talk with you so they can better share this beautiful message of the true restored gospel. I know it's true and I hope and pray that you do too and if you don't know yet I pray that the time will come when you do know for yourself. I love it with all my heart.

In the name of Jesus Christ,
Amen

Love,
Samantha

*Click here to watch/listen to/read General Conference.
*For those who are looking for the talk given by Elder David A. Bednar, it is under the section entitled: "Sunday Afternoon Session" It is the 7th talk.
*As of right now, when I am posting this, all the talks are not currently up on the website because the last session has just ended 40 minutes ago. If you click on this link and they still aren't there by Monday, please let me know. Thanks!

No comments: